Global Scholar beats all others when it comes to price and quality. This isn’t a business for us; we’re not out to charge students and their families exorbitant fees to participate. Rather, we see this program as our contribution to empowering a generation to build a better world. Every year, we are able to give partial scholarships to over 30 percent of our class.
We want you to join us no matter your circumstance – please get in touch to discuss financial options: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2020 Virtual Sessions:
Grades 11-12 (rising):
Session 1: June 28-July 10, 2020
Session 3: July 12-July 24, 2020
Grades 9-10 (rising):
Session 2: June 28-July 10, 2020
Session 4: July 12-July 24, 2020
Tuition and Fees:
Regular. Apply after 5/10/2020. $1340
Scholarships and Fundraising:
- Last year, over 40% of the class received scholarships.
- Global Scholar scholarship money is available – please start by 1) contacting us at email@example.com and 2) submitting a request on the application form.
- We can help you fund raise from friends and family. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and a fundraising kit.
Discounts / Other Costs:
- Bring-A-Friend: $50 discount. (Available if you and a friend both attend in the same year).
The Commuter Option includes lunches and five dinners with the group. Commuters can always choose to stay for additional meals, or evening activities, for a small additional fee per meal. Please contact us to discuss details: email@example.com.
- Application Fee: $50. Due with application.
- Registration Fee: $500. Due within two weeks of acceptance, to hold your spot. Note: All discounted fees follow this schedule strictly.
- Remaining Balance is due May 15.
- More details and our cancellation policy available on the application form. Note: We are not able to offer refunds outside of the windows explained on the application form. Please take this into consideration when making your plans. We understand that few people can afford to pay for a program they cannot attend.
We typically fill in the mid-spring. We strongly encourage applicants to apply early to guarantee their spot and/or choice of session.
Updated for summer 2020 to take into account the potential impacts of COVID-19.
Cancellation requests received within 30 days of the start date of your selected Global Scholar program are not eligible for a refund. Cancellation requests received less than 60 days but more than 30 days prior to the start date of your selected Global Scholar program will be eligible for a refund of 50% of the amount you paid (excluding your non-refundable application fee). Please note that space in our programs is very limited, and we negotiate and contract with vendors well in advance of the actual program. All cancellations must be submitted to Karen at GlobalScholar@AMPGlobalYouth.org
Note: Our campus host American University is independently monitoring the public health situation surrounding Coronavirus and responding to recommendations from the CDC and Washington D.C. Department of Health. Should a policy decision by American University result in American University’s inability to host the program, we will refund 100% of the amount you paid minus the non-refundable application fee. In the event that a policy decision by American University results in closure of their campus at any point during the course of your selected Global Scholar program, we will refund a pro-rated amount of your program fee for the full and/or partial days for which we are unable to provide programming.