Global Scholar beats all others when it comes to price and quality. Organized by a non-profit organization, we charge just enough to cover our costs. This isn’t a business for us; we’re not out to charge students and their families exorbitant fees to participate. Rather, we see this program as our contribution to empowering a generation to build a better world. Every year, we are able to give partial scholarships to over 30 percent of our class.
We want you to join us no matter your circumstance – please get in touch to discuss financial options: email@example.com.
Grades 11-12 (rising):
Session 1: June 30 – July 12, 2019
Session 3: July 14 – July 26, 2019
Grades 9-10 (rising):
Session 2: June 30 – July 12, 2019
Session 4: July 14 – July 21, 2019
Rising = Intended for students entering these grades – or the equivalent – the coming academic year.
Tuition and Fees:
Residential Fees: Sessions 1, 2 and 3
Early Bird: $2665 (apply and pay by 3/25/19)
Regular: $2965 (apply and pay after 3/25/19)
+ $495 single room (optional)
Residential Fee: Session 4
Early Bird: $1640 (apply and pay by 3/25/19)
Regular: $1825 (apply and pay after 3/25/19)
+ $305 single room (optional)
Residential cost includes program fees, materials, housing, meals, and transportation within Washington, D.C. Scholars will be expected to pay for their own lunch on the two days when we’re sightseeing downtown. Airport pick-up fee: $25 per trip.
Commuter Fees: Sessions 1, 2 and 3
Early Bird: $1590 (apply and pay by 3/25/19)
Regular: $1690 (apply and pay after 3/25/19)
Commuter Fee: Sessions 4
Early Bird: $980 (apply and pay by 3/25/19)
Regular: $1050 (apply and pay after 3/25/19)
Commuter cost includes program fees, materials, all lunches, five dinners, and program-related transportation within Washington, D.C. Scholars will be expected to pay for their own lunch on the two days when we’re sightseeing downtown.
Scholarships and Fundraising:
- Last year, over 40% of the class received scholarships.
- Global Scholar scholarship money is available – please start by 1) contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and 2) submitting a request on the application form.
- We can help you fundraise from friends and family. Contact us at email@example.com for more info and a fundraising kit.
Discounts / Other Costs:
- Bring-A-Friend: $100 discount. (Available if you and a friend both attend in the same year).
- Additional $40 transfer cost for students traveling to / from Dulles airport and requiring staff pick-up.
The Commuter Option includes lunches and five dinners with the group. Commuters can always choose to stay for additional meals, or evening activities, for a small additional fee per meal. Please contact us to discuss details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Fee: $50. Due with application.
- Registration Fee: $500. Due within one month of acceptance, to hold your spot.
- Remaining Balance is due May 1.
- More details and our cancellation policy available on the application form. Note: We are not able to offer refunds outside of the windows explained on the application form. Please take this into consideration when making your plans. We understand that few people can afford to pay for a program they cannot attend.
Global Scholar will reach capacity by late-spring. We strongly encourage applicants to apply early to guarantee their spot.