EXPLORE GLOBAL ISSUES. LEARN TO LEAD. FIND YOUR PASSION. CHANGE YOUR WORLD. BE A GLOBAL SCHOLAR!
Global Scholar 2014
American University, Washington D.C.
July 20 – August 2, 2014
Global Scholar is an intensive global leadership program for rising high school juniors and seniors. The program offers a powerful and unique curriculum that builds both 1) youth understanding of the great global challenges facing us today, as well as 2) the leadership skills and confidence to make change happen. Join us in 2014!
Program highlights include:
- Policy Seminars with experts working on key global challenges
- A Social Change and Innovation Seminar, exploring global careers in the private, public and non-profit sectors
- A Global Leadership Seminar
- A Strategic Communications Seminar, including workshops on public speaking and persuasive writing
- A Career Planning Seminar, including workshops on resume writing, networking and career planning
- Intimate meetings with ambassadors, policy-makers and other key influential figures
- And of course, exploring beautiful Washington D.C. in the summertime!
Our graduates have gone on to do amazing things, from holding leadership positions in their schools to working at the national level for social change. Participants report amazing increases in their ability and confidence to effect change. Last year, one hundred percent reported they were more confident identifying problems that need to be addressed in their community, and figuring out what they can do about them. They also overwhelmingly reported increases in their confidence leading groups, skills for making change happen, and understanding of the power of youth.
Check out some quotes from our 2013 participants:
- “Global Scholar was a great way for me to learn more about global issues while simultaneously learning how to reach out and help to fix [challenges] in my community.”
- “Global Scholar far exceeded my expectations! I learned so much, and had fun doing it. I definitely feel more equipped to tackle global issues.”
- “At Global Scholar, you can learn how normal people, the foundation of democracy and great movements in history, can change our world for the better.”
- “An incredible learning experience that helps broaden horizons!”
Join us in 2014! More information: www.globalscholar.org. Contact us: globalscholar@Aidemocracy.org
- We focus on building global leaders who have both knowledge and skills.
- We are a small program and our size allows us to focus on the growth and learning of each participant.
- We’re affordable. We’re the most competitively-priced program out there, and offer scholarships!
- The Global Scholar experience extends way beyond the session. We offer opportunities for alumni to keep building their skills long after the conclusion of the program.
Please find out more, including details on pricing and curriculum, on our website: www.globalscholar.org. Scholarships and discounts available. Please contact us any time to discuss details! 202.709.6172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.