AMP Global Youth is looking for members of the 2019-2020 Global Scholar Advisory Board (GSAB). The GSAB supports the success and growth of the quickly-expanding Global Scholar program and related experiences sharing their insights, expertise and ideas on our present and future.
Applicants must be a Global Scholar alumni.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Sharing reflections and ideas around the Global Scholar curriculum and learning experience
- Offering feedback and ideas around the Global Scholar brand and marketing
- Supporting Global Scholar recruitment through online and offline spaces
- Supporting the rollout of new ideas, opportunities and spaces related to Global Scholar programming, expansion and branding
- Optional public speaking and public-facing recruitment activities
- Joining a monthly virtual GSAB meeting
Members of the GSAB serve a one-year term, from August 2019-June 2020. Each member will be expected to join a monthly virtual GSAB call, scheduled approximately 6 times during that period. In addition they will spend approximately 3-5 hours/month completing self-directed projects and assignments.
What you’ll learn:
The GSAB offers valuable input and in return gains many concrete skills and experiences related to:
- The inner workings of a virtual network, organization, and program
- Business development, and how to grow a great idea sustainably and effectively
- Curriculum development, and how to engage youth on global issues and social change
- Career development in international affairs and social justice
In addition you will gain:
- Additional and exclusive training on change-making from the AMP Action Lab
- A resume-building professional title (being a youth advisor looks and sounds pretty good)
- Professional reference written for employers/admissions
- LinkedIn reference and skills validation
- Marketable skills and experience
- Your profile on the AMP website as well as social media shout-outs (high visibility for your personal brand)
- VIP access to upcoming internships, paid positions, and training opportunities at AMP and our partner organizations
Please send a short statement explaining why you’re interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019. The first meeting of 2019 will be in September.