Join the AMP Global Youth team as a peer mentor for our popular Global Scholar program, which prepares youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges. Global Scholar is an 11-day program that welcomes high school-aged students from across the US. This year the program will be virtual.
The Peer Mentor supports the learning journey of program participants during sessions and small-group conversations. The Peer Mentor also guides a cohort of students through completing daily challenges and a final assignment. This is a great position for someone interested in public and international affairs, youth leadership development, and social change. Successful candidates are alumni of the Global Scholar program, or a similar experience.
The Peer Mentor will work part-time throughout the month of July, and receive training in facilitation, leadership, and social change. They will work on a team including the Program Director, Trainers, Facilitators and interns. This position is equivalent to a fellowship, and mentors will receive training and a small stipend at the conclusion of the program.
- Supporting small-group discussions and activities with a group of 5-8 students.
- Supporting the group as they complete daily challenges and a final group project. This might include helping them brainstorm ideas, develop a workplan, execute activities, and more.
- Helping program staff foster relationships and fun throughout the program.
- Supporting overall running of the program, including helping with logistics and technology as needed.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Experience working with student groups, clubs, conferences or equivalent.
- Experience having participated in Global Scholar or a similar program.
- Excellent ability to build teams. Excellent personal and communications skills.
- Enough experience with international / public affairs to lead group discussions on these topics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fun and willing to serve as a mentor to excited young leaders.
Details: This is part-time fellowship in late June and early July. The Mentor will receive several days of training, and a stipend at the conclusion of the program.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Americans for Informed Democracy / AMP Global Youth is a national student organization that amplifies the story, voice and power of global youth. Find out more at www.ampglobalyouth.org and/or www.globalscholar.org