Join the AMP Global Youth team as a facilitator for our popular Global Scholar program, which prepares youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges. Global Scholar is an 11-day program that welcomes high school-aged students from across the US. This year the program will be virtual.
The facilitator supports the learning journey of a cohort of 5-8 high school students, leading group discussions, supporting group projects, and building relationships and trust within the team. This is a great position for someone interested in global education, public and international affairs, youth leadership development, and social change. Successful candidates will have experience leading teams or groups.
The Facilitator will work part-time throughout the month of July for a total of 45-55 hours, which includes two days of facilitation training. They will work on a team including the Program Director, Trainers, Facilitators and interns.
- Leading small-group discussions and activities with a group of 5-8 students.
- Supporting the group as they complete daily challenges and a final group project. This might include helping them brainstorm ideas, develop a workplan, execute activities, and more.
- Fostering trust, fun, and relationships within the group.
- Supporting overall running of the program, including helping with logistics and technology as needed.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Experience working with student groups, trips, camps, conferences or equivalent.
- Excellent ability to build teams. Excellent personal and communications skills.
- Enthusiasm for getting people excited, keeping energy moving, and in general keeping a group interested, focused and on track.
- Enough experience with international / public affairs to lead group discussions on these topics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fun and willing to serve as a mentor to very excited young leaders.
Hours, Pay and Benefits: This is a contract position for a total of 45-55 hours in late June and July. This includes two days of facilitation training prior to the start of the program, and support from other staff throughout the experience. Compensation is roughly equivalent to $35,000/year salary.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Americans for Informed Democracy / AMP Global Youth is a national student organization that amplifies the story, voice and power of global youth. Find out more at www.ampglobalyouth.org and/or www.globalscholar.org