Are you a young global leader ready to make a significant impact on US global engagement? Do you believe in the power of youth to build a stronger and better world? Are you a natural organizer who likes building relationships and communities? Then we need you! AIDemocracy is currently seeking Campaigners to lead our work in 2014.
Campaigners will work on one of the following three campaigns:
- Hope not Hate: our campaign promoting interfaith understanding
- 1000 Visions: our campaign collecting profiles of young global changemakers
- Food: our newest campaign, educating and mobilizing youth around domestic and global food issues
AIDemocracy is a national youth network taking action around US global engagement. Founded in 2002, we have mobilized well over 100,000 youth around US foreign policy issues, as well as our individual roles as global citizens. We educate, empower and mobilize our generation to build a more peaceful, healthy, just and sustainable world. We run popular training programs, annual campaigns, an active website and a rapidly-growing social media presence. We are also run by youth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build outstanding organizing, leadership and movement-building skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identifying campaign opportunities and priorities.
- Planning campaign goals and activities that are fun, inspiring and meaningful for our broader youth network.
- Launching online and offline actions to support campaigns, from writing op-eds to local papers to organizing a campus flash mob.
- Working with other network leaders to integrate campaigns into the broader work of the community.
Campaigners should be natural organizers comfortable meeting and speaking with new people. They will receive training and support throughout their work, and participate in strategic planning meetings and retreats. They will also work with other Campaigners, as well as the broader network leadership.
Campaigners serve a 4-month term, beginning in January 2014. They work approximately 5 hours/week. This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to build considerable campaign, outreach and organizing experience.
To apply: Please submit a resume and short statement explaining why you’re interested in this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions filled on a rolling basis. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a virtual, volunteer position that can be done from anywhere.