Join the AMP Global Youth team as a Training Fellow for our popular Global Scholar program, which prepares youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges. Global Scholar is an 11-day program that welcomes high school-aged students from across the US. This year the program will be virtual.
The Training Fellow is an exciting position for someone eager to take their skills around social change training, facilitation and pedagogy to the next level. Fellows will participate in a series of “train the trainer” workshops, and practice and refine new skills during this summer’s Global Scholar program. Following the Fellowship, the Fellow is eligible to apply for future training contracts with AMP Global Youth.
The Training Fellow is an exciting position for someone eager to take their skills around training, facilitation and pedagogy to the next level. Fellows will both deepen their skills and
- Supporting small-group discussions and activities with a group of 5-8 students.
- Supporting the group as they complete daily challenges and a final group project. This might include helping them brainstorm ideas, develop a workplan, execute activities, and more.
- Helping program staff foster relationships and fun throughout the program.
- Supporting overall running of the program, including helping with logistics and technology as needed.
Fellow will gain:
- Training: Fellows will participate in workshops on training and facilitation methodology and technique with AMP staff in June.
- Skills Development: Fellows will then support delivery of our Action Lab content during this summer’s Global Scholar program during the month of July.
- Following the conclusion of this program, the Fellow will be promoted to AMP Associate Trainer, and be eligible for future paid contract work leading training programs with our network.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Experience working with student groups, trips, camps, conferences or equivalent.
- Experience having participated in Global Scholar or a similar program.
- Excellent ability to build teams. Excellent personal and communications skills.
- Enough experience with international / public affairs to lead group discussions on these topics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fun and willing to serve as a mentor to very excited young leaders.
This is a part-time fellowship in late June and July. The Fellow will receive approximately 20 hours of training and deliver training content about 20 hours. Fellow will receive a stipend at the end of the month, and graduate to being eligible for future paid facilitation work with AMP Global Youth.